- One of three types of Assistance Dogs (the other two are Guide Dogs and Hearing Dogs)
- Assistance Dogs International programs specifically in New York
- Assist people with disabilities other than vision or hearing impairment
- Austism Service Dogs of America (ASDA) trains dogs specifically for children with Autism
- Visit Pet Partners' National Service Dog Resource Center (NSDRC) for more information and a directory of service dog trainers.
- Electronic Code of Federal Regulations criteria for Service Dogs for Veterans Title 38: Pensions. Bonuses, and Veterans' Relief. CHAPTER I: DEPARTMENT OF VETERANS AFFAIRSPART 17: MEDICAL: Prosthetic, Sensory, and Rehabilitative Aids17.148 - Service dogs.
- America's VetDogs: the veteran's K-9 corps - Service Dog Training Overview
- For the blind and visually impaired
- Check the list of Guide Dog Providers in the U.S.
- For the deaf and hard of hearing
- Check the list of Programs in New York
Last updated: 02 April 2015